Be prepared to provide the following:
- Completed Building Permit application, including description of any Mechanical, Electrical or Plumbing (MEP) work that will be performed
- Plans for projects that contain new, relocated or demolished walls; framing for roofs or floors; or alterations to the foundation of a structure (refer to applicable checklists below for additions/alterations or new construction)
- Approval from Planning/Zoning (as applicable)
Refer to the following as applicable:
APPLY VIA E-MAIL:
Complete the following:
Once complete, e-mail your completed application form(s) and all associated plans and documents to PermitInfo@oaklandca.gov or via our Digital Inbox for applications over 20MB.
APPLY ONLINE (LIMITED PROJECT TYPES):
Registered and activated users of Accela Citizen Access may apply online for the following types of projects ONLY:
- Installation of retrofit windows
- Bath remodels with no change to the wall layout
- Kitchen remodels with no change to the wall layout
Apply Online through Accela Citizen Access (must be a registered and activated user)
Once we receive your application and have created it in our system, we will review your plans. If your plans require corrections or if we need further information, we will contact you. If your plans are approved, we will contact you to issue your permit. Depending on our workload, the process may take between 10-13 weeks from the date we receive your application to the date when we issue your permit.
Call (510) 238-3891 or e-mail PermitInfo@oaklandca.gov