The Grand Avenue Road Diet will improve safety and access for all roadway users including pedestrians, bicyclists, motorists and transit riders including:
- Reduced number of lanes for pedestrians to navigate when crossing Grand Ave
- Enhanced visibility for pedestrians crossing Grand Ave
- Improved access and safety for bicyclists
- Improved compliance with posted speed limits
- Reduced conflicts and collisions for vehicles turning on to and off of Grand Ave
- Improved safety for vehicles turning left
The two existing travel lanes in each direction will be changed to one vehicle lane and a bicycle lane each way, and a center two-way left turn lane. Please see the street cross-section below.