As we continue to move through this unprecedented and emotionally raw experience in our country, we hope residents can join our virtual Town Hall Tonight at 6 p.m. on our social media channels Facebook , Twitter , Instagram , and YouTube (with closed captioning).
To dial in by phone: (669) 900-6833, 413825986#
This week, we’ll host an honest conversation about the structural racism that exists within our own City systems, our police department, and the real work Oakland is doing to eradicate it.
It is difficult work that is nowhere near done. This moment is ripe for a transformative leap toward justice if together we choose it.
The conversation will be facilitated by Darlene Flynn , City of Oakland Dir. Dept. of Race and Equity. Panelists will include:
- Civil rights attorney John Burris, who has participated in the department’s reform effort under the negotiated settlement agreement
- OPD Lt. Fred Shavies, facilitator for the department’s Equity Working Group.
- Guillermo Cespedes, City of Oakland, Dir. Dept. of Violence Prevention.
We will discuss current events and the long-term efforts to reform OPD and increase Oakland’s non-law enforcement actions to build a safer, healthier, and more beloved city for all.
Watch Past Town Halls
- Oakland Virtual Town Hall - May 28, 2020
- Town Hall on Phase 2 - Watch section 1 - Watch section 2 - May 21, 2020
- COVID-19 Racial Disparities Task Force Public Hearing 1 - May 15, 2020
- Town Hall on Oakland's Midcycle Budget - May 7, 2020
- Town Hall on COVID-19 - April 30, 2020
- Town Hall in Spanish and Mam - April 29, 2020
- Town Hall on COVID-19 - April 23, 2020
- Town Hall on COVID-19 - April 16, 2020
- Town Hall on COVID-19 - April 9, 2020
- Town Hall on COVID-19 - April 2, 2020
- Town Hall on COVID-19 - March 27, 2020
- Town Hall on COVID-19 - March 19, 2020
- Town Hall on Homelessness - March 16, 2020