For Immediate Release March 29, 2023
OPD Makes Multiple Arrests in Robbery Series The Oakland Police Department (OPD) arrested four adult males in connection with a series of armed robberies across Oakland. Due to the diligent work and relentless efforts of the Violent Crime Operations Center (VCOC), Intelligence Division, and Robbery Division, these armed and dangerous individuals are off the streets.
Since last month, the group of individuals committed at least 15 armed robberies using firearms or knives to threaten and intimidate their victims before fleeing the area with the victims’ possessions.
On March 28, 2023, VCOC units served multiple warrants in connection with the robbery series. Officers recovered evidence associated with the crimes and items taken during the robberies. The cases will be presented to the Alameda County District Attorney’s Office for charging.
The locations of the robberies are listed below:
1. 4500 block of San Carlos Avenue
2. 2000 block of 47th Avenue
3. 2000 block of 27th Avenue
4. 1500 block of 34th Avenue
5. 4100 block of Foothill Boulevard
6. 100 block of Kerwin Avenue
7. 3000 block of 38th Avenue
8. 1300 block of 46th Avenue
9. 4500 block of International Boulevard
10. 2300 block of Coolidge Avenue
11. 2300 block of E. 27th Street
12. 3400 block of E. 17th Street
13. 3700 block of Foothill Boulevard
14. 1400 block of 104th Avenue
15. 3300 block of Farnham Street