I want to bring to your attention that COVID-19 cases in Alameda County have rapidly increased and we are now in the “HIGH RISK” category. The CDC recommends that we mask (N95 or KN95 offer the best protection) on public transportation, indoors and around those not in our immediate household. I also want to highlight our wins to fund vital community services from the June 30, 2022, Council Meeting FY 21-23 Mid Cycle Budget Amendments!
ALAMEDA COUNTY IN HIGH RISK OF COVID-19 TRANSMISSION
Check current rates: Link
Full Tweet: Link
For more information read: July 4, 2022, LA Times, “Ultra-contagious BA.4, BA.5 subvariants fuel coronavirus spread across much of California”
COUNCIL BUDGET AMENDMENT WINS SO FAR!
At the June 30, 2022, Council Meeting, the Oakland City Council voted to fund the following FY 21-23 Mid Cycle Budget Amendments I had included in my amendments.
- Funding for Legal Services for low-income renters
- Funding for the Safe RV Site at 66th Ave.
- Funding for Wildfire & Vegetation Risk Management
- Funding for Oakland Youth Commission: Funding for commission for strategic plan and additional funding for the youth stipends
- Funding for Feather River Camp
- Funding Small, Local Business Contractor Development
- Funding for Oakland’s Motto LoveLife Campaign
- Funding for the Blues Walk of Fame to preserve Oakland’s History
- Project Touchdown
- Funding to extend Workforce Development Grants & Funding for a strategic planning for a year - long, intensive, youth-centered, adult ally -- Career Technical Education Hub
- Funding to support Legal Services for Prisoners with Children, to support housing and services for the re-entry population, including seniors
- Funding for Center for Independent Living to fund home assessments cases in Oakland. This will enable local residents improved access to funding, accessibility improvements to housing.
We are not done. On July 11, 2022, I will bring back more of my budget amendments that were not included in last Thursday's vote.