On April 19, 2022, Oakland City Council adopted updates to the truck parking regulations in West Oakland (TMP Strategy 8), a key early action. Ordinance No. 13686, linked below, contains the revised truck parking regulations. The map of truck parking areas is also provided below. Oakland City Council did not pass the updates to the truck route network (TMP Strategy 3) and instead asked for more community process before returning to City Council. The City and Port are currently working on an approach to fulfill this request.
City Council Agenda Report archive.
TMP Strategy 8 Change Parking Regulations (adopted April 2022)
- Updated truck parking regulations in West Oakland, Ordinance No. 13686
- Map of updated truck parking regulations in West Oakland
- Proposed Changes to Truck Parking Regulations Technical Memo
- OakDOT Truck Parking webpage
TMP Strategy 3 Update to Truck Route Network (work ongoing)
- Draft Truck Network Update Map
- Proposed Updates to Truck Route Network Technical Memo and Appendices
- See the Frontage Road Study webpage for specifics related to Frontage Road