OakDOT's Racial Equity Team reflects upon accomplishments and unprecedented challenges of 2020. OakDOT's RET celebrates two and a half years since its formation and two years since the charter was signed. Take a look at what we have been up to in 2020! Download the presentation here or at the Download Press Release link above.
A Red Flag Warning has been issued for the East Bay Hills from Friday May 7, 11pm thru 6AM Monday.
OakDOT's Racial Equity Team 2020 Year in Review
Last Updated: January 11th, 2021 @ 4:51 PM
OakDOT's RET 2020 in summary:
- In 2020, 24 DOT Staff members took 77 Advancing Racial Equity Academy (AREA) training modules. In total, 68 DOT staff members have taken 220 AREA training modules and 39 current DOT staff members have taken all 4 modules. 11 out of 60 supervisors have taken all 4 modules and 19 out of 60 supervisors have taken at least 1 module.
- We gained may more members including more engineers and staff working out of the City's Edgewater offices than ever before and are building relationships with he Office of Public Works to do so. Bi-weekly RET meetings have started at the Edgewater offices.
- Staff initiated/facilitated four-part Study and Action sessions on unpacking White fragility in the workplace for managers and supervisors with great attendance.
Below are the 2020 RET subcommittees. Navigate to the presentation link to check out each subcommittee's accomplishments this year!
- Community Engagement
- Digital Services
- Organizational Capacity Building
- Hiring and Retention
- Data Analytics
- Traffic Safety and Enforcement (New, 2020)