Open for Public Review: City Releases Draft Downtown Oakland Specific Plan & Draft Environmental Impact Report for Comment
Oakland, CA – Today, Oakland’s Planning & Building Department released the official Draft Specific Plan for Downtown Oakland along with the Draft Environmental Impact (EIR) Report for public review. There is a 45-day public comment period for both documents, closing on October 15. The community is encouraged to join upcoming public meetings to learn more about the Plan’s goals to guide development and implementation for the vitality and equitable development of Downtown, ask questions of the City’s Planning team, and offer comments for consideration.
The documents will be discussed at several upcoming public events, including City of Oakland board and commission meetings:
- Wednesday, September 4 | Planning Commission Meeting #1 (Introduce Draft Plan)
- Wednesday, September 11 | Parks & Recreation Advisory Commission
- Thursday. September 19 | Bicyclist & Pedestrian Advisory Commission
- Thursday, September 19 | Thursdays at Latham Square
- Monday, September 23 | Landmarks Board
- Monday, September 30 | Library Commission
- Wednesday, October 2 | Planning Commission Meeting #2 (Draft Plan & Draft EIR)
- Friday, October 4 | Lincoln Summer Nights
- Tuesday, October 8 | City Council’s Community and Economic Development Committee
- Monday, October 21 | Mayor’s Commission on Persons with Disabilities
For more details on all upcoming meetings, including start times and locations, visit: https://www.oaklandca.gov/topics/downtown-oakland-specific-plan.
View the Draft Downtown Oakland Specific Plan (DOSP) and the Draft Environmental Impact Report (EIR) here: https://www.oaklandca.gov/topics/downtown-oakland-specific-plan.
# # #