The duties and functions of the Oversight Commission are:
- To review the implementation of the Cooperation Agreement, and to work with the parties to the Cooperation Agreement to attempt to resolve issues that arise in implementation.
- To review compliance of employers with the Jobs Policies including the review of background exceptions, as outlined in the Cooperation Agreement.
- In cases where the Oversight Commission deems an employer to be out of compliance with the Jobs Policies, to directly negotiate with that employer a remedy for the alleged violation, through a negotiated compliance plan.
- In cases where a negotiated remedy cannot be reached or has not been reached, to recommend to the City Administrator specific action to enforce the Jobs Policies.
- To review any proposed changes to the Jobs Policies or to the terms of the LDDA that are directly related to the Jobs Policies.
- To engage the Implementation Committees described in the Cooperation
- Agreement for advice and assistance in the performance of investigative functions and negotiation of compliance plans.