The Department of Violence Prevention is hosting a community town hall on creating a safer, healthier Oakland. This convening will support the Department of Violence Prevention, partner agencies, and community stakeholders engage in the conversations and co-learning necessary to deepen our collective knowledge, strengthen our partnerships, and fortify our commitment to community healing, safety, and justice.
The goals of the Town Hall are to:
- Outline the DVP’s priorities and values around community safety
- Raise awareness about best practices in violence prevention and community safety
- Build shared understanding about the critical work community-based organizations are engaging
- Strengthen partnerships and inspire creative cross-sector collaboration
- Fortify commitment to centering the strengths and needs of our most marginalized in our city-wide public safety, healing, and justice strategies
Speakers and Panelists include:
- Guillermo Cespedes, DVP Chief
- Sarai Crain, DVP Deputy Chief
- Kentrell Killens, DVP Direct Service Coordinator
- Mike Muscadine, Communities United for Restorative Youth Justice
- Briana Manning, Urban Peace Movement
- Carlos Jackson, Youth Alive
- Chantal Hildebrand, Alliance for Girls
*The meeting will be recorded to support broader community access.