Procedural Items (10 minutes)
- Call to Order and Roll Call
- Adoption of the Agenda
PUBLIC COMMENT (10 minutes)
The public wishing to address the Board on issues shall complete a Speakers Card. Members of the public who wish to address the Board on published issues should do so at the time the agenda item is being discussed. Items not on the agenda will be taken during this time.
Action item (20 minutes)
- Authorize Executive Committee to Select Professional Development Consultants
- Approve Human Services Department Funding for Homeless Workforce Development Program
WARMING UP (30 minutes)
- Retreat Goals and Objectives
- 2017-2020 Local & Regional Plans – accomplishments & opportunities ahead
OAKLAND – CURRENT CONDITIONS/DISPARITIES, EQUITY PROCESS BASELINE (45 minutes)
- Oakland Economy & Labor Market
- Oakland Equity Indicators
- Board Discussion
- What groups are most impacted by disparities? To lift from the bottom, whose lives are we trying to impact?
- What additional information or data might we need to know?
- How could we proceed, who could help us learn what we need to know?
- How might we meaningfully involve those who are most impacted?
WORKFORCE DEVELOPMENT – National & State View (30 minutes)
LUNCH (45 minutes)
Dialogue/Q&A with Oakland Mayor Libby Schaaf
DRAFT EQUITY OUTCOMES (30 minutes)
- What condition of well-being does the Board want in our community (results)?
- What would these conditions look like if we achieved them (make them vivid)?
- What measures might we use to track progress toward the outcomes (indicators)?
REVIEW NEXT PROPOSED PROCESS STEPS (45 Minutes)
HOW MIGHT OWDB MEMBERS BE INVOLVED GOING FORWARD? (45 Minutes)